All lessons include private instruction for $60.00 per hour. Frequency depends upon the level of the student.
Lesson Cards: (discounted rates for purchasing more than one lesson at a time ahead of time. All lessons must be used within 6 months of
purchase or they will expire. No refunds.)
- 4 Lesson Package: $220 ($20 off)
- 8 Lesson Package: $440 ($40 off)
- 16 Lesson Package: $900 ($60 off)
English Riding:English riding is the most common type of riding all over the world. English riding requires the rider to use both hands with direct contact on the horses mouth. English riding requires coordination of legs, hands on the reins and blance to control the horse. This can be tough at first, until these actions become second nature, but make a student more versatile.
- Beginner Riding Lessons: Beginners will learn to catch, groom, and tack up their horses. In Beginner riding lessons, many of the first lessons are spent on a lounge line so that the student can learn to control their body and strengthen the muscles needed to control the horse. This includes learning to walk, trot, and canter on the flat as well as over small logs.
- Intermediate Riding Lessons: Students will start to become more independent and will start to learn to collect their horse in all three gaits. In Intermediate lessons students will also learn to pick up the correct lead each time they canter as well as how to cue your horse to switch leads. Students will also start to go over small jumps and learn to pace their horses before and after jumps.
Healing Horse Ranch offers private English and Western style lessons and competitive training.
- Advanced Riding Lessons: Students will continue to learn and work on lead changes, turn on the forehand, turn on the haunches, sidepassing, roll back, and sliding stops. Students will learn how to ask their horses to spin, work on collecting their horse at all 3 gaits. Students will become more proficient with a rope and learn to drag logs. Students will also learn to rate their horses speed at all the gaits, and start to learn some basic patterns.
- Dress and Equipment: Long Pants are required (i.e. Jeans or Leggings) Closed Toed Shoes are required; preferably a boot with a heel. All students must wear a helmet, if you have one the fits, please bring it, otherwise you may use one of ours.
- What to expect: Lessons are 1 hour. When you arrive you will be expected to groom your horse and tack up. Then we will go to either the roundpen or arena. Then at the end of your lesson you will untack your horse and put the horse away.
Competition Lessons: Competition lessons may be for english or western. Students must be dedicated! This is a sport, and if you want to compete you need to treat it like such. Students need to attend lessons a minimum of 3 times a week, and are encouraged to exercise outside of lesson times.
- Stock Horse Of Texas
- Barrel Racing
- Dressage (Western or English)
- Hunters/ Jumpers 4-H (for those eligible)
Required Dress for English competitions:
- Breeches (tan in color)
- Tall Black Boots
- A Black Riding Helmet
- A Black Coat/Jacket with three buttons
- A show shirt (white preferred)
- A pin for the show shirt collar
- Black Riding gloves
Required Dress for Western Competition:
- Plain Jeans (high waist)
- Black or Blue or Western Riding Pants (black)
- Button down shirt Black
- Helmet or Black/Tan
- Cowboy Hat Boots with a heel
- Optional Dress: Chaps or Chinks
Western Riding Lessons: Western Riding Lessons include, reining, barrel racing, western pleasure, ranch horse, roping, western riding, trail, halter, halter showmanship.